Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 322 Wednesday August 1st 2012

This morning I have been working my way through the Youtube footage of the concert in Edinburgh. I have found no reference to Twin Peaks (not that I know what I am looking for), but I doubt I would have seen it anyway, because every song I've watched after 'To Give (Is the Reason I Live) has been through tear soaked eyes. For anybody who hasn't seen it, it is very, very moving, let me explain why.

Just before the song started, Moz passed the mic around the audience, as he often does, and a guy in the front row said, "I just wanted to say something about my friend, Kevin Roberts, who was from North Wales, who died this year, and he was the biggest Morrissey fan, and I just wanted to say something about him." You can then see Morrissey compose himself before announcing, "For Kevin." I'm crying as I type this, and how Moz sang the song, God only knows. (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE4WyqCQarA).

Right, tears dried, what else have I got to report from the Edinburgh concert? EARS managed to pass Morrissey a record, but NOT her BLUE ROSE, which she dropped in the Mozpit. EARS must have been reading the brand new book that is taking the world by storm, 'A HUNDRED WAYS TO LOSE A ROSE AT A MORRISSEY CONCERT' by MancLadMozFan. EARS DID however throw the illuminating BLUE ROSE onto the stage, but it was cleared away by security.

The Edinburgh concert looks as though it was superb (obviously not as good as Manchester!), with the highlights being; Maladjusted, How Soon Is Now?, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Meat Is Murder (with lyric change to "KFC Murder"), oh bollocks, EVERY song is a highlight. Before 'You're The One For Me, Fatty', Moz said, "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you....you're right." The nominations are; all fat people, Chas Smash, Oscar Wilde and ME. And the winner is *opens the envelope* ME!


 '@MorrisseysWorld' has posted a solitary tweet saying, "Coming soon @ Morrisseysworld.blogspot.com The end for MorrisseysWorld? BlueRoseSociety @ Manchester and Our Mozzer visits his psychiatrist - admin" So, it looks like we have THREE parody stories to look forward to, and I would like to predict a very handsome photoshop picture of my good self in the Manchester story.

It is now four days since I attended the concert in Manchester, and the longer I reflect on things, the more I am thankful that NOTHING happened in Manchester, or in fact Edinburgh, to prove Morrissey is MorrisseysWorld. I know it may be selfish of me, but this whole experience has been so utterly, utterly special, I STILL don't want it to end. As I said the other day, it is a win/win situation, because at some point I DO want the masses to see that MW is Moz, but the longer it stays on such a small scale, the funnier it is, the artier it is, and as a social exercise in proving how people NEED to be TOLD what to believe, it is OFF THE SCALE. I don't believe for one minute that 'Our Mozzer' will close down the blog, he's enjoying this as much as we are. BLUE ROSE WILL be fulfilled, but I honestly believe that NOTHING will change, well not unless 'Our Mozzer' is SERIOUS about MorrisseysWorld taking over from Solow.




2 comments:

  1. Yes, I am looking forward to a photoshopped picture of you, considering the ones you chose for us on here! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank god for Ears... told you its not easy after a drink or five ratty

    ReplyDelete