Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 335 Tuesday August 14th 2012

PLEASE NOTE - READING THIS BLOG ENTRY IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, IT SAYS NOTHING OF INTEREST - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED SO NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED IF YOU CONTINUE TO READ.


I am managing to wean myself off the internet. Since arriving home from cricket tour on Friday evening, I have resisted all temptation to log on to twitter, so there is a whole world carrying on that I am now no longer a part of. It has been made easier knowing that 'Our Mozzer' is no longer there ( I presume he is no longer there) and I have also been aided by the fact that I have hardly been at home in the past few days. Saturday, Sunday and Monday was wall to wall (or field to field) cricket, with many more games due this week, as long as the rain holds off.

Although I have managed to resist logging on to Twitter, I have had a quick peak at the  MorrisseysWorld blog, but it has all but closed down. The home page is still there, but ALL the other pages/articles/parody stories have gone. We were promised one more parody story before shut down, but I either missed it, or The Mozziah changed his mind......he does seem to do that quite a lot!

I have decided that I will write my blog as and when I get an urge, or if 'Our Mozzer' reappears, but for now, it feels like a summer holiday. The only Morrissey related thing to catch my attention is the emergence on Youtube of the 'Studio In Session' series that Morrissey recorded in Dublin last summer,  with Tony Visconti producing. It is superb, and features; 'The Kid's A Looker', 'Scandinavia', 'Action Is My Middle Name' and 'People Are The Same Everywhere'. When, oh when are we to get a new album with these new (getting older) tracks? Could it be that a record deal HAS been signed, and Morrissey is waiting to tie in the release with his autobiography launch, or is there REALLY still no deal?

The Olympics closing ceremony DIDN'T include 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out', but DID include Take That and the Spice Girls....enough said.

I usually post my blog on twitter, but as I am no longer tweeting, I will just leave it here for people to find, although as there is no Mozziah to follow, it really isn't worth reading. Unfortunately, if you've reached this point, you have already read it. I shall now add a sentence at the top of the page, advising that this blog entry isn't worth reading, but usually when people read things like that, it compels them EVEN more to read on. All I can say is, I wasn't kidding! If anybody IS reading this, please feel free to post comments, and PLEASE let me know if I am missing anything.

And finally Esther, and finally Cyril, regular readers of my blog will remember that I attended the concert in Manchester with my friends 'Big Mick' and 'Midlife Matt', both of whom knew NOTHING of either MorrisseysWorld or my blog. Well, last night I received an email from 'Midlife Matt' telling me that whilst searching for reviews of the Manchester concert, he FOUND my blog. No doubt he is working his way back through it, but I'll save him the time, YES Matt, it REALLY IS Morrissey! 'Big Mick' remains none the wiser.


THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY AUGUST 12TH 2012 (Not broadcast in the Twitterdilly Arms)


1. IN EVERY DREAM HOME A HEARTACHE - ROXY MUSIC (UP 9)
2. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY (LIVE IN EDINBURGH) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
3. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME (LIVE IN EDINBURGH) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
4. I KNOW IT'S OVER (LIVE IN MANCHESTER WITH GIANT RED ROSE) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3)
5. STILL ILL (LIVE IN MANCHESTER WITH LUMINOUS BLUE ROSE ON STAGE) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 2)
6. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (UP 2)
7. HEART - RITA PAVONE (UP 2)
8. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT (LIVE IN MANCHESTER) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 4)
9. MALADJUSTED (LIVE IN MANCHESTER) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 4)
10. SCANDINAVIA (LIVE IN MANCHESTER) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 4)




















ESTHER, CYRIL AND THE TWO OTHER BLOKES FROM 'THAT'S LIFE'

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing today, we've missed you! I hope you're still planning to write about last week's chat session, as promised. I'm sorry that you missed a couple more chats with Our Mozzer. Please check your DM's!! (Sorry to lure you back to Twitter.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So he hasn't completely left yet then? No twitter for me for a while, but it would be great if you were to write a summary here of your chatroom chats, and I will then re-post it as a new page.

      Delete
    2. OK, will do, for the two chats you missed. Rather short on time today - it won't be as well-written as you would do it, but I can at least mention the highlights.

      Delete
  2. But how did Midlife Matt know it was you? Ah, the Big Mick references I suppose.

    Anyway, you've been missed. As Heather has pointed out,there were a couple of good chat sessions with the Master over the weekend in which almost everybody managed to participate at some point. It was a good way to end this phase of the MW experience.

    I thought I had persuaded him to include a Buddy Holly cover in the set but apparently he just laughed. Hmmm - let's wait and see eh?

    Do come back to Twit occasionally - we do miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psst - Rats is this really you? Our Mozzer did say in the chatroom that you should swap blogs and this one could be called 'Following Rat's Arse'.
    He also said that you were both 'as strange as odd socks'.
    @-'-,-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you notice the other vids that were posted by mallyrose86? The last one being coca cola the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JJazmine Moz also posted a 'still' from the Studio in Session with Moz drinking out of a mug featuring... a blue flower. Unfortunately can't quite make out if it is a rose. Yes, mallyROSE. Just another coincidence...
    Please check your tweets though, Rat, as I sent you a link to something I wanted you to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Studio in Session was recorded last summer, before blue rose blossomed into existence, so I think the mug probably is just a coincidence.

      Delete
  6. Forgot to say, in the mallyrose video selection, the one about Moz's new drummer includes a vase with blue roses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have you back blogging Rats and I hope you enjoyed the cricket ?
    I managed to miss parody Moz in the chat room at the weekend so you are not alone.
    It would be great if you updated your blog as and when there is something to tell.
    As for dear Cyril Fletcher, by gum that makes me feel old !
    Roses,blue roses all the way.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know you are still around rats. I will buy you a pint next time you call into the Twit Arms.

    In case you didn't see this on Youtube the very brief appearance of illuminated blue rose on stage in Edinburgh 1.08. If I am not mistaken a little chuckle from Moz as it is cleared by security.
    http://youtu.be/Jos9TyF99VU

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shall answer ten questions chosen by Rat. Rat may arrive at his list of ten any way he chooses. I shall also pick a handful of questions from any that are asked immediately beneath this comment.

    The interview will be conducted exclusively for FollowingTheMozziah.

    Our Mozzer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent news - how very generous of you, Our Mozzer. I look forward to this immensely.

      Delete
    2. I know you like Oscar Wilde are there any modern authors you enjoy to read? What type of genre do you read or does it change depending on your mood? Are you currently reading anything?

      Delete
    3. Thank you for this opportunity Mr M.

      My question is :

      What is your proudest achievement ?
      Personally or professionally.

      Delete
    4. I'll just keep asking the same question over and over again, although I don't expect an answer because it's a totally lame question except for the one and only who's interested in the answer, which would be me:

      Dear Moz, I'd like to know how old you really are in your head? Multiple answers accepted, of course.

      Thanks,
      SBJ

      Delete
    5. You are clearly dedicated to supporting PETA, as their 32nd Birthday approaches how do you see the animal rights movement progressing in the future?

      Your responses to how great an influence your lyrics have are generally most humble. However can you give some insight into the emotion you feel when you reflect upon the ability to generate such powerful reactions & hope in people.

      With thanks

      Delete
  10. Items of note mentioned by Our Mozzer in the MW chatroom on August 10th & 12th:

    - Not planning to release autobiography until 2015, so that it will cover his entire career (I don't like the imminent retirement implications of this!)
    - Probably will resurrect the Attack label for new album. There's two albums worth of new material. People Are the Same will probably be a B-side.
    - We've already been told that the upcoming US tour will be the 'ironic t-shirt tour' -COSH is just the beginning :)
    -The True Artiste didn't wear a blue rose because he didn't want the blog to remain open. However, there's still hope for blue rose to be fulfilled (not for the purpose of re-opening the blog). The blue rose must be delivered ON STAGE (he tried to hint at this previously).
    - He chose to cover 'To Give is the Reason I Live' because of Bans & Ejections Committee blog post, when he explains to Mikey the reason why he gave nothing.
    He said virtually everything he does comes from the blog: Boz in drag, finger lingerie, etc.
    -He solved the debate about whether he sang 'I'm just a poor lonely bat' or 'I'm just a poor lonely rat' -he sang 'rat!' He said to notice the smirk on his face afterwards.
    - He touched on Freemasonry and the fact that it's so pervasive in the music industry, it's difficult to have a successful career if you choose not to join.
    - Favorite songs to sing: Paint a Vulgar Picture (which he said is due to be sung soon), November, Everyday is Like Sunday, There is a Light. First of the Gang is his favorite lyrically.
    - Favorite music videos: Last of the Famous International Playboys, My Love Life, Stop Me, You Have Killed Me, The More You Ignore Me

    This is not intended to be a complete summary of the chats, just the main points of interest. If I have overlooked something important, or didn't report something accurately, please leave a comment. It was such a privilege to have Our Mozzer join us for these chats, and now with the news of another interview coming, the pleasure and privilege continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Heather, I keep remembering bits and bobs but not coherently. He also said that John Lydon is a freemason and posted a picture of him doing the O sign.

      Delete
    2. Indeed - I had mentioned that I was going to see PiL last night in Brighton and he came back with a couple of Lydon pictures (very quickly as well - his keyboard skills are clearly improving. It didn't sound as if he's too impressed with the present-day Lydon.

      Delete
  11. Glad to see you are still here Mr Rat. It looks as if Moz has not left completely, as he has been in chat and left comments recently. Lately, I feel as if I'd fallen down the rabbit hole with MW gone we now have Elton John calling Madonna a stripper at a fair and Justin Bieber going negative on Prince William's hair--observations of the type usually attributed to Morrissey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes you did miss something rat..ME..go on admit it, you know you have

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive